- 2 small or one large zucchini, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise about 1/4-inch thick
- 4 thin slices of onion, about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 cup carrots, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise about 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or Vegenaise
- 1 small clove garlic crushed and minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of one lemon, divided
- Bread of choice, 4 slices
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place zucchini and carrots on separate baking sheets, drizzle with olive oil, balsamic, half of the lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix to coat each vegetable spear and roast in the oven until they start to char, about 10 minutes for zucchini and 20 for the carrots.
- Shake the sheets a few times while cooking to loosen veggies and evenly cook them.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise with parsley, garlic, and lemon juice to make your aioli.
- Toast your preferred bread slices and coat each slice with the aioli.
- Now build your toastie with onion and broiled vegetables in between the bread slices. Serve warm!
Serves 2 as an entrée or 4 as an appetizer. Prep time, 12 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.