- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, roughly chopped or torn (about 5–6 cups loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered (or 5–6 garlic scapes)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mostly smooth with the nuts and greens minced and all other ingredients well mixed.
- Use as you would a basil pesto.
- It’s great tossed with pasta, on top of crostini, in salad dressings, mixed into soup and rice dishes, etc.
Serves 4–6 as a sauce. Prep time, 10 minutes