Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
- 2–3 medium zucchini, cut in 1 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup onion, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, rosemary, thyme, or parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Place zucchini and onion in a roasting dish, mix with olive oil, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for about 20 minutes (tossing halfway through) or until just tender and slightly crisped on some sides.
- While piping hot, mix in garlic, fresh herbs, and freshly ground pepper. Add more salt to taste.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, stir again, and serve. If a milder garlic flavor is desired, stir garlic in at the start with onion and olive oil before cooking.
Serves 4 as a side dish. Cook time, 20 minutes; prep time, 10 minutes.