Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
- ½ cup currants, de-stemmed
- 2–3 cups cooked grains of choice (brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, etc.)
- 4 cups kale, roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces (see cook’s note)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 peach, sliced into ¼-inch thin wedges
- ½ cup cucumber sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds and halved
- ¼ cup mint, roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, whisk the ingredients for the dressing until well mixed.
- Add all the salad ingredients excluding feta cheese if using and toss well.
- Serve over warm cooked grains of choice. Top with feta and freshly ground pepper is using.
Serves 4 as a side salad. Prep time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Massaging raw kale is an option. Place chopped kale in a large bowl, drizzle with a touch of olive oil, and massage with your hands for about 2 minutes until kale is softer, and very dark in color.