Recipe adapted from marthastewart.com
- 2 pears (ripe but still firm), cored and quartered
- 2 red onions, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Toss pears and onions with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange into a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes or until golden brown, turning pears and onions halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with orange zest, if using.
- Serve atop a simple salad, couscous, pork chops, or roasted chicken.
Serves 4 as a side dish. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 40 minutes.