- 1 bunch kale, well washed, thick stems removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 apple, cored and halved lengthwise
- 1 pear, cored and halved lengthwise
- Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave, or sugar
- 1 medium garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (optional)
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and chopped; or a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Cut kale into ribbons about ¼–½ inches wide and 1–2 inches long.
- Massage kale with 1 teaspoon olive oil for about 2 minutes or until kale leaves are dark green, shiny, and tender.
- Place apple and pear cut side down on a cutting board and slice into ¼-inch thick slices. Each cut piece of fruit will look like a half-moon.
- Add cut fruit to kale and drizzle with the desired amount of peanut dressing.
- Serve as is or toss well to evenly coat salad with dressing.
Serves 2–4 as a side salad. Prep time, 15–20 minutes.