Recipe adapted from marthastewart.com
- One pound turnips, peeled, and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- One pound apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ½-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- One cup of water
- One tablespoon unsalted butter, olive oil, or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add turnips, apples, and water.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until turnips are completely tender, about 25–30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor, add butter or oil, and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve hot.
Serves four as a side dish. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 25–30 minutes.
Cook’s note: Serve with roasted vegetables, chicken, or pork.