This recipe is great to make in advance for an easy work lunch. Prep (and keep separate) your quinoa and dressing the night before, then assemble with fruit and nuts at home or the office for a tasty, healthy meal!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 apricots, chopped
- 2–4 peaches and/or nectarines, sliced
- ⅔ cup chopped mint
- 1 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup olive or grape seed oil
- ½ cup chopped mint
- Mix all dressing ingredients well in a small bowl, set aside, and let rest for 15 minutes before using.
- Put quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cover. Cook for 12–15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- When the quinoa has cooled slightly, add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and taste for seasoning.
Cook’s note: This is a very adaptable salad. You can use leftover grilled peaches and/or currants or other dried fruits to create many variations. Have fun!
Serves 4. Prep time, 20 minutes; cook time, 15 minutes.
Want more ideas like this? See more in Recipes.