- ½ pound mixed greens, washed and spun dry
- Two Fuyu persimmons, seeded and sliced (peel is edible but optional)
- 1–2 medium-size ripe pears, seeded and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Two tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- Place washed greens in a bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, honey, olive oil, and salt in a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Pour over the greens and toss gently.
- Top with persimmon and pear.
- Add more salt (or other seasonings) to taste.
Serves 2–4. Prep time, 15 minutes.
Cook’s note: This salad would be delicious with candied walnuts, and radicchio would make a colorful addition.