Courtesy of Rebecca Taggart for The FruitGuys
- Brussels sprouts,
preferably fresh on the stalk
- Olive oil
- Walnut pieces
- Large salt crystals
- Lemon pepper
- Herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove sprouts from stalk, wash, then trim the stems and remove any wilted outer leaves.
- Cut each sprout in half, and place in a heavy baking dish.
- Drizzle just enough olive oil over the halved sprouts so that they are lightly coated when mixed with a spoon. Place each half-sprout face down in the baking dish in a single layer. You may need two baking dishes.
- Sprinkle with herbes de Provence, salt, and lemon pepper.
- Add walnuts to fill some of the space available on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Check whether the face-down sides of the sprouts are browned. If not, place back in the oven for 15 more minutes, or until undersides are browned.
Cook’s note: This dish can be made before the meal and reheated just before serving. It is also good served at room temperature.