Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
Ears of fresh, sweet corn
Salt to taste
Butter, garlic, olive oil, or salt (optional)
- Shuck the sweet corn and discard the husks.
- Trim any insect-chewed ends from the corn cobs.
- Put 2 inches of water in the bottom of the pot, add salt to the water and cover with a steamer basket.
- Place corn in the basket and cover pot.
- Break the corn cobs in half if necessary to fit them all in to the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil and steam the corn about 7–10 minutes, depending on tenderness of corn.
- Check water periodically and add more if necessary.
- When tender, remove with tongs and cover with foil until served.
- Serve with butter and salt, olive oil and garlic, or plain on its own!