Recipe by The FruitGuys
Corn on the cob is the perfect spring and summer snack—it’s delicious cold or warm!
Ears of corn
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter or olive oil
Fresh lime juice
Cheese (freshly grated parmesan works great)
- Pull back the husk (leave attached to cob) and remove silk. Rinse corn with cool water, shake off excess, and replace husk.
- Place corn in the husk on a hot grill, and cover. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once after 5 minutes.
- Pull back the husk and brush a small amount of butter or olive oil on the corn. Replace husk and grill until husk has blackened (about another 5 minutes or so), then remove from heat.
- Remove husk, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy.
- For added flavor, brush on some lime juice (best with butter) or balsamic vinegar (best with olive oil), and sprinkle on some chili powder and/or grated cheese.
Cook’s note: To make a low-calorie version, grill without oil or butter and omit the cheese.
Cook time, approximately 15 minutes (if corn starts to color earlier, remove from heat).