Looking to make your team happy without breaking the budget? Sometimes the best things in life are pretty simple and low-cost. We did an informal poll of office workers to see what little perks were meaningful to them, and the results show that you don’t always have to think big to show your appreciation.
- Tea. “We have a big selection of tea and a good electric kettle,” Jean B., Portland, OR
- Speakers. “I like to go see the guest speakers; there’s usually a catered lunch,” Brian B., Chicago (university employee)
- Massage chair. “There’s a vibrating massage chair that I like to go relax in at the end of the day on Friday when no one’s around,” Gary B., Hillsboro, OR
- Fruit. “Fruit in the break room,” Susan G., San Francisco.
“Seasonal fruit for meetings or lunch,” Robert., Philadelphia
- Music. “We get live concerts in our studio—classical, contemporary. I just have to go across the hall to hear them,” Christine O., Denver
- Products. “Lotion and hair products in the bathroom,” Belinda Z., Portland, OR
- Tissues. “A box of tissues on every desk,” Miriam W., Portland, OR
- First aid kit. “A well-stocked first aid kit,” Chase M., Portland, OR
- Tampons. “I am a big fan of free tampons in the ladies’ room. I had them the last two places I worked,” Joan W., Portland, OR
- Drinks. “Soy milk in the coffee room,” Cordelia A., Boulder, CO
“All the La Croix you can drink!” Neil W., New York City
- Healthy snacks. “Healthy snacks and a weekly produce box to take home!” Julie C., San Francisco
Fruit and healthy snacks in the office are things that FruitGuys employees enjoy at all of our regional hubs—San Francisco, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Los Angeles, and Chicago.
Whether it’s fruit in the break room, bathroom niceties, access to cultural events, transit passes, or tissues, you can find perks that won’t bust your company budget and will make your employees feel appreciated.
Miriam Wolf is the editor of The FruitGuys Magazine.