Cauliflower is nutritious and delicious! This versatile vegetable is a great substitute for high-carb foods—it can be used for soups, stews, salads, rice, mashes, and more. It’s also a great source of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.
Orange zest and juice brighten this simple recipe for roasted cauliflower. Try pairing roasted cauliflower with protein and other roasted vegetables.
Adapted from Bon Appetit
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
⅓ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, shallot, garlic and orange zest. Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spread the mixture on a large, rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven until lightly browned and almost tender, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the orange juice and stir. Return the pan to the oven and cook for an additional 8 minutes, or until all the juices have evaporated.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley if desired.
Serves 2. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes