Recipe by Rebecca Dienner for The FruitGuys
2 large or 4 small sweet potatoes or yams
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons lemon, lime, or orange juice
1 teaspoon zest of lemon, lime, or orange
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake whole sweet potatoes on a baking sheet until fork-tender, about 40–60 minutes, depending on size.
- Use a dishtowel to squeeze sweet potatoes for doneness without burning your hand.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, measure/prepare your other ingredients.
- Once potatoes have cooled enough to handle but still warm, scoop out the soft sweet potato flesh and place in a bowl.
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash sweet potatoes with oil, coconut milk, cumin, citrus, and salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 3–4 as a side dish. Prep time, 2 minutes; cook time, about 45 minutes.
Ingredients for this recipe were included in The FruitGuys TakeHome box. Order yours today! www.fruitguys.com