Adapted from allrecipes.com
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery (optional
1 cup chopped onion
4 teaspoons butter
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the carrots, celery, and onion in 3 teaspoons butter until tender.
- Transfer to a greased 1½-quart baking dish.
- Top with ¾ cup cheese.
- In the same skillet, sauté broccoli in the remaining butter for 1 minute.
- Place over cheese; pour broth over all.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Serves 6 as a side dish. Prep time, 20 minutes; cook time, 30 minutes.