Recipe by The FruitGuys
- Two artichokes
- Two tablespoons butter
- Two cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
For Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Three tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Two tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- One tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, sesame oil, honey, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl to blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill a pan with just enough water to cover the bottom. Bring to a full boil over high heat.
- While the water is heating, trim and discard the stems of the artichokes and tough outer leaves of artichokes.
- Tuck slivers of butter and slices of garlic into artichoke leaves.
- When water is boiling, place steamer insert in a pot and set artichokes in the steamer, stem-side down.
- Cover the pot with a lid and allow artichokes to steam for approximately 20 minutes, until tender enough that you can pull a leaf off.
- Serve artichokes warm, with dipping sauce.
Serves 2. Prep time, 25 minutes; cook time, 15-40 minutes, depending on the size of the artichoke.