- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 12 ounce box couscous (about 1½ cups)
- 2¼ cups vegetable broth
- One yellow onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 5 to 6 mushrooms, sliced
- Two cloves of garlic, peeled & minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- One teaspoon dried oregano
- Two zucchinis, rinsed and cut into ¼” discs
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5-inch pieces
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add couscous and stir to coat.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed — fluff to separate.
- In a separate skillet, sauté the onion, mushrooms, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice and oregano.
- Add zucchini and green beans and cook until the zucchini starts to become translucent (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Toss the cooked couscous with the zucchini, mushroom and green bean mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serves 4. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.