- 1 cup white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, yogurt, and oil; mix.
- Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture with a fork just until moistened. Fold in rhubarb, strawberries, orange juice, and orange zest. Do not over-stir.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle tops with a bit of white sugar, and bake 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown.