Adapted from “Everyday Food” by Bridget Meigs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10–12 Brussels sprouts, bottoms removed, outer leaves removed, and cut in half lengthwise
- 3–4 Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced Brussels sprouts, Jerusalem artichokes, and garlic with the vinaigrette.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a cookie sheet or roasting pan and cover with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and turn on the broiler.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
Serves 3–4 as a side dish. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 35 minutes