Adapted from Gourmet Magazine
- 1 bunch radishes, rinsed and trimmed (cut large radishes in half; small radishes may be left whole)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley leaves
- Water, enough to just cover the radishes
- In a heavy saucepan wide enough to hold the radishes in one layer, add the butter, sugar, salt and radishes, and cook over low heat, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the water, cover, and simmer the radishes until just tender (about 10–15 minutes, depending on size of radishes)
- Raise the heat and boil the radishes until the liquid has been reduced to a glaze.
- Swirl and cook the radishes to coat them evenly with the glaze.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 5 minutes; cook time, 20 minutes.