Recipe courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
1 large bunch asparagus, cut in 1”³ lengths
2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 lb uncooked penne
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 lb fresh spinach
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- Place asparagus in a baking dish and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- While waiting, cook pasta according to directions and drain.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped onions, vinegar, soy sauce and combine using a fork or whisk. Add remaining olive oil while whisking.
- In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, asparagus and pasta, drizzle with dressing and toss.
- Top with chopped nuts and grated cheese, and serve.
See what’s in the Capay Valley FarmShares mix this week.