By The FruitGuys’ Julie Collins
- New red potatoes, sliced
- Crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 sweet onions, sliced
- Herbs (sage or rosemary), chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear off a sheet of heavy-duty foil that is about twice as long as the food you’ll be wrapping.
- Sprinkle olive oil on tin foil and place the vegetables in the middle of the sheet of foil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the long sides together in the center and tightly fold them together down towards the food and stop folding a few inches before you get to the food, leaving a pocket of space.
- Cook on hot coals for 25 minutes or in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 25-30 minutes. Serves 2.
Cook’s note: Most vegetables cook up well in this method. Try adding carrots, tomatoes, or peppers!