Recipe by Tanya Milosevich
- 2–3 watermelon radishes, sliced or julienned
- 2–3 carrots or 1 kohlrabi bulb, grated
- 1 bunch dandelion greens or living spicy Asian greens (roots removed)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Dressing Option 1: Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Optional garnish: toasted sesame seeds
Dressing Option 2: Lemony-Mustard Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (use olive oil or sesame oil if walnut is unavailable)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (depending on your taste)
- Optional garnish: Chopped walnuts
- Wash and dry greens, place in a bowl, and top with radishes and carrots.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients of choice until emulsified, and drizzle the desired amount over salad.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds or chopped walnuts (optional).
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15–20 minutes.