Recipe by Tanya Milosevich
- 1 globe eggplant
- 5–6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat broiler.
- Slice eggplant horizontally (widthwise), about 1/4-inch thick, brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place under broiler and watch carefully. Broil about 3–4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven, brush again with olive oil, and top with minced garlic and chopped parsley.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 10 minutes; cook time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: Also try adding pesto, broiled tomato, and/or fresh mozzarella after removing from broiler.