Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or lemon juice|
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional) – can use pine nuts, walnuts or almonds
- Combine the cilantro (stems and all), garlic, vinegar, cheese, pepper, nuts, salt and 1/4 cup of the olive oil in the food processor.
- Add the remaining olive oil and gently heat the pesto in a saucepan before stirring it into your favorite cooked pasta.