Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
- 1 small head green cabbage or other cabbage
- 4 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup mayonnaise, low-fat is fine, as is swapping half with yogurt
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Quarter and core the cabbage.
- Slice the cabbage thinly.
- Transfer chopped cabbage into a large bowl.
- Stir in the shredded carrot and parsley, reserving a few tablespoons of parsley for garnish.
- In separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Toss the cabbage mixture with dressing to taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Serves 3–4. Prep time, 10 minutes.