Recipe by The FruitGuys
- 1 pound green beans or yellow wax beans
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- One small onion, thinly sliced
- Three tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash beans well. Cut or break stems off of beans, and break or slice into bite-size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a deep frying pan or skillet over medium heat, add garlic and onion and stir for 2–3 minutes.
- Increase heat slightly, add beans, and sauté until tender but still crunchy (for softer beans, continue cooking a little longer).
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Serves 3–4 as a side dish — Cook time, 5–7 minutes.
Cook’s note: recipe may be halved; butter may be substituted for oil.