Courtesy of Capay Valley Farm Shop
Cippolini onions are an excellent variety of onion for roasting or grilling, as they are extra sweet when cooked or caramelized.
- Spring cippolini onions, greens trimmed off
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- If onions are particularly large, they can be halved or quartered.
- Place a glass or ceramic cooking dish in the oven to preheat.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey & salt in a bowl or glass jar.
- In a large bowl, toss onions and dressing.
- Sprinkle with dried thyme.
- Carefully add onions to the hot pan.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until onions are caramelized and just tender.