Adapted from janssushibar.com
- 1–2 kohlrabi, peeled and quartered
- 2 beets, peeled and quartered
- 1 apple, cored and quartered
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or veganaise
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 pinches of red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise (or Vegenaise), orange zest, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using). Set aside.
- Using a food processor or box grater, shred kohlrabi, beets, and apple, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the desired amount of dressing, and toss until slaw is lightly coated. If a heavier dressing is preferred, add in a bit more mayo or Vegenaise
- Cover and refrigerate for at least half an hour to allow the flavors to blend before serving.
Serves 2–3. Prep time, 15 minutes; wait time, 30 minutes or more.
Other Uses for Kohlrabi:
Shred and use in salads, stir-fries, or veggie soups; roast or steam and add to mash.