Adapted from allrecipes.com
- 3 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate (see our prep tips here!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped (optional)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Place sliced pears and pomegranate seeds in a bowl. Toss with lemon juice to coat.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl, then mix into the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to blend the flavors before serving.
- Serve individual portions garnished with a sprinkling of chopped almonds and a sprig of mint.
Serves 3–4. Prep time, 10 minutes; wait time, 1 hour.
Cook’s note: An apple may be substituted for one of the pears.