Adapted from melissas.com
- 1 Gold Nugget squash
- One pinch salt
- One pinch cinnamon
- One dash black pepper
- Two tablespoons brown sugar, dark or light
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Wash the squash, cut in half lengthwise, and scrape out the seeds and stringy portion.
- Pierce a hole at each end of the squash halves and sprinkle each squash cavity with a pinch of salt, a pinch of ground cinnamon, dash of ground pepper, two teaspoons dark or light brown sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter.
- Arrange squash in a baking dish.
- Pour boiling water into the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake, covered, in a 400 °F oven for 45 minutes, or until squash is tender.
Serve warm and enjoy!