Adapted from tastytrends.blogspot.com
- 1½ cups dragon tongue beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped)
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fill a medium saucepan with a few inches of water. Set over high heat and let come to a boil.
- Place beans in a steamer basket set over the boiling water and let them steam until tender, about 3–4 minutes.
- Toss with the olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper, and serve.
Serves 2. Prep time, 5–10 minutes; cook time, 5 minutes.
Cook’s note: Recipe may be doubled—adjust garlic amount according to taste.