Adapted from chow.com
- 2 cups microgreens (or other tender greens)
- 1 large or 2 small beets, roasted (see below), cooled, peeled, and diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or red onion
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup Gorgonzola or blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Place olive oil, cider vinegar, minced shallots or onion, and Dijon mustard in a large bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Toss diced apple and beet with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat.
- Add crumbled cheese to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss to evenly combine, and serve on a small bed of microgreens.
Serves 2. Prep time, 10 minutes (not including roasting beets).
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Rinse beets and trim off any leafy tops.
- Wrap beets in foil and place on middle rack in oven. Roast until tender and easily pierced with a knife (about 1 hour), and remove from oven.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel using a paring knife or by pushing off the skin with your fingers
Cook time, 1 hour