Recipe by Tanya Milosevich
- 1–2 blood oranges
- 1–2 navel oranges
- 1–2 satsumas
- 2–4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
- Salt and pepper
- ½–1 cup salt-cured black olives, chopped (optional)
- Romaine lettuce heart leaves
- Supreme and deseed the citrus (see Cook’s note), and place segments in a bowl.
- Combine olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the citrus segments, and sprinkle on chopped olives (if using).
- Serve alone or on a small bed of Romaine heart leaves.
Serves 4. Prep time, 10 minutes.
Cook’s note: “Supreming” is the term used to describe cutting away peel and pith and slicing segments from between the citrus membranes.