Trying to eat healthier snacks while remote working? Try this quick and easy carrot snack salad that will satisfy your munchie-crunchie-salty cravings with something healthy. Carrots get their color from beta carotene, an antioxidant that provides your body with Vitamin A. They are also rich in Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, biotin, and potassium.
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- olive oil
- spice to taste (optional)
- Wash the carrots in cold water with a vegetable scrubber. Peel if desired.
- Slice the carrots into rounds or rectangles. Place in a bowl large enough to hold them.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add about 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and a dash of cayenne pepper (optional) for some heat. We love the spicy Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning spicy salt.
- Toss to combine. Taste and adjust to how you like it.
Serves 1. Prep time, 5 minutes
Love the brine? Try our recipe for Quickie Pickled Carrots.